Pages

Day One - It's see ya real soon

// July 28th - Orlando - Bogotá - Lima - Cuzco //


The day arrived. I'm sitting in the first of 17 planes that I have to ride in the next 50 days. Number one will take me from Orlando to Bogotá, Colombia. After another layover in Lima I'll finally be in Cusco.
Window seat, we were just flying over Cuba, but now the carpet of white fluffy clouds and their reflection in the calm ocean is the only thing I see.

I just finished reading the book that my friends filled with memories of our year in Orlando.
This keepsake and all the goodbyes that I had to say yesterday, the thinking about the past 13 months and some of the wonderful people I met, it gets me all emotional.
While reading it I had to laugh out loud, I fought against tears, and for a second I could barely believe this is happening, that this part of my life is over. It had such an impact on me.

I leave this magical place as a different person. While traveling to so many different places, working hard and meeting people from all over the world I learnt more than I ever thought I would.
I went beyond myself, outgrew the old shell that held me captive, I faced challenges, I loved, I laughed, created happiness and earned even more in return.
And with the unique and amazing friendships that started this year I learned that some bonds can be stronger than I ever expected, that it doesn't matter where you're from, how old you are, what you did in your life. As long as you long for being open-minded, kind and understanding, as long as you don't try to change the people around you but accept them for who they are, whilst appreciating their unique character with all their splendidness, but also flaws - then you will be rewarded with the most amazing gift.
You will have these people by your side, friends all over the world, but just as close in your heart as family, you will feel the bittersweet pain of having to say goodbye to them, but also the opportunity to always have something to look forward to: meeting them again, in their country, city, exploring the world together, and following the life they create for themselves.
And that's what I'm most thankful for when I think about the Disney program, the past 13 months.

You know who you are, guys. I'll always be there for you.
It's never goodbye. It's see ya real soon.

With that being said, my new chapter begins.
A journey that I never would've imagined to take, on my own.
I won't be the same when I return to Germany.
I learned so much already, but still don't exactly know who I am. Will we ever know?
But I'm eager to learn more about our beautiful planet, about it's cultures and about myself.

The adventure begins.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen